Ouray accepts dogs of all shapes and sizes in our little mountain town. When you visit, you will see visitors with their dogs almost everywhere. Dog owners are known to walk their furry friends all over Ouray. When on Main Street, people will often leave their pups tied outside or waiting with a friend while they shop. A few locations even have store pets of their own hanging out inside with the customers!
Activites for You and Your Pup
As a pet friendly town, there are a bunch of fun adventures to go on both in and around Ouray with your pet!
- Hiking is one of the best ways to get your furry friend’s energy out. Luckily, Ouray has a plethora of hiking trails! Cascade Falls, Box Canyon Falls, or the Ouray Perimeter Trail are just a few of the amazing hikes centered right here in town.
- Snowshoeing is a great way to get out and about with your dog. There are several trails around town that are perfect for just such an activity!
- Cross country skiing is another fun winter activity for you and your pet. Just make sure they stay off the ski tracks!
- Play in the park right across from the hot springs! There is a massive grassy field that’s perfect for catch or frisbee before you go for a swim.
- You can swim (or just watch your dog swim) in one of the lakes around Ouray and Silverton. With a short drive, you can bring your pet to the Ridgway Reservoir. No pets are allowed near the swim beach, but you can bring your furry friend to another location on the reservoir to throw a stick or two.