Are you visiting Ouray for Christmas and/or New Years? There are plenty of fun things to do during the holiday season!
There are plenty of winter activities to enjoy while here in Ouray.
- Ouray Ice Park: The Ice Park is one of Ouray’s biggest winter attractions. If you love yo ice climb, are interested in learning to climb, or just wanting to watch, the Ouray Ice Park is a great location!
- The San Juans: These mountains are the prime place to go snowshoeing, snowmobiling, or backcountry skiing.
- The Ouray Hot Springs: These natural hot springs offer warm waters and relaxation during the winter. It’s open all year, so it’s the perfect place to stop and relax after a long, exciting day!
- Museums: If you’re interested in the history of the area, Ouray has plenty of museums right in town and in the surrounding areas. Two sit in the heart of Ouray, but there are also options in Ridgway, Colona, and Montrose. Each town ranges from a few minutes to a one hour drive.
From restaurants to breweries to coffee houses, Ouray has it all.
- Backstreet Bistro: The Bistro is a healthier location than a fast food restaurant. They offer delicious homemade desserts, breakfasts, soups, and a variety of drinks.
- Mouses Chocolates: Craving some chocolate? Mouses Chocolates makes all of their chocolate and roasted coffee in house. They also offer ice cream, milkshakes, and salads.
- O’Brien’s Pub and Grill: This location offers lunch and dinner options, a bar, and big screen TV’s to watch the game. The food is mainly Irish-American and should definitely be given a try!
- Ouray Brewery: All three levels of this brewery offer good food and craft brews. If you’re wanting a view, this is the place! It offers rooftop dining that allows guests to look over the town.
Where to Stay
Ouray Chalet Inn is located right in the heart of the town, making each activity, restaurant, and store available right at your fingertips! Call 866-337-3585 to learn more about our rooms and pricing.